The Circus has returned! What on hell are Tamil Nadu and Karnataka fighting for this time around?
1. Hogenakkal is not part of Tamil Nadu? Dude, its the border. I don't know whether the recently inaugurated project has construction on the Karnataka side. Even if it has, why on hell can't it be on the Karnataka side? The Periyar Dam is exclusively in Kerala and it still serves the irrigation needs of Tamil Nadu. The dumbheads who want to turn Hogenakkal into another Belagawi should take a break.
2. Having said that, its completely ok for both the governments to argue over the project as long it takes. The quantity of Tamil Nadu's utilization of the Kaveri waters is a crucial point of disagreement and if both governments want to argue, wrangle and take to courts, go for it! Thats what the babus are paid for. Spare the people for heaven's sake.
3. If the Karnataka government had indeed agreed to the project in 1998 as claimed by the Tamil Nadu government and are now feigning to have no memory of it, it should be condemned. This utter lack of seriousness and incredulity on the part of Karnataka politicians/babus is sickening. These guys once had the temerity to say to the Supreme Court that its order cannot be implemented in Karnataka!
4. And why is this a Tamil vs Kannadiga issue everytime? Its an issue between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Even the beneficiaries of this drinking water project include large numbers of Kannada and Telugu speaking people in the districts of Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri. They make such large numbers that Karnataka politicians campaign there more often than their Tamil Nadu counterparts! Where does language come here?
5. Why do we need a Thiruvalluvar statue in Bengaluru of all places? Can you give that bard a rest? Most Tamils are so stupid that they don't even know that he was a Jain philosopher and hence an atheist. But they have changed their calendar to start on his supposed birthday around January 15, 2031 BC. And when I asked some of those idiots to give me a single shred of evidence to prove that he lived even a century on either side of that date, I was attacked! That intelligent man if he had not achieved nirvana would have now been filing court cases against his own statues!
6. Why on hell are theaters screening Tamil movies being attacked in Bengaluru? Saddam Hussein, Raj Kumar, Bihari railway applicants, Kaveri water... why does Bengaluru bristle for every damn issue?
7. And why are the nut cases in the Tamil movie industry adding fuel to the fire? Get a life guys. We, the people of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka do not give a damn about you actors. Stop pretending to have brains all of a sudden.
ps: If you didn't get the title: Pulikesi II, although a brilliant Chalukya ruler, is caricatured as some crazy Tughlag by Tamils. 'Mada malla' means stupid wrestler instead of 'Mamalla' (great wrestler) as Narasimha Pallava who fought the Chalukyas was celebrated in Tamil Nadu.