I have volunteered for India Against Corruption and will resume my support later. I support the enactment of a Lokpal Bill with some changes to the 1968 draft. I want Lokpal as a public ombudsman but not as the chairman of the Gestapo.
The current undemocratic demand by IAC to include "citizen activists" in the draft committee and the blackmail fast by Anna Hazare, both need to be condemned. And people need to be informed that there is no "Jan" in the Jan Lokpal Bill. So, I'm collecting public opinion against Jan Lokpal Bill in general and Anna Hazare's fast in particular.
1. Jan Lokpal - Caveat Emptor.
2. Appeal to India Against Corruption Team: Drop the Fast.
3. Against Jan Lok Pal and the politics of hunger strikes. - Nitin Pai.
4. Anna Hazare’s misguided fast..
5. The dramatically over-hyped faith in the Jan Lokpal Bill.. - Sanjiv Sabhlok.
6. Jan Lokpal Bill undermines democracy: experts.
7. Anna Hazare should have waited, says Santosh Hegde.
8. My issues with the Proposed Jan Lok Pal Bill.
9. An Anti-Corruption Ayatollah. B. Raman.
10. The Hazare hazard. Business Standard Editorial.
11. Of the few, by the few. Pratap Bhanu Mehta.
12. At the Risk of Heresy: Why I am not Celebrating with Anna Hazare.
13. To End Corruption, End Statism. Sauvik Chakravarty.
14. The Jan Lokpal Bill: Good intentions and the road to hell.
15. Aruna Roy, others seek sharper scrutiny of Jan Lokpal Bill.
16. Hazare is being used, exploited: Digvijaya Singh.
17. India's Middle Class Hungers for Undemocratic Change. Salil Tripathi.
18. High Court to AG: Explain Lokpal panel.
19. Why I believe in Shanti Bhushan, not not in double standards.
20. Justice Sawant’s remarks on Anna Hazare. Nitin Pai.
21. Make Sure The Cure Isn’t Worse Than The Disease. Aruna Roy, Nikhil Dey.
22. Jan Lokpal: an alternative view. K.N. Panikkar.
23. The sheer arrogance of including me (Magsaysay Award winner) in the collegium instead of elected representatives. - P Sainath.
24. A Robin Hood Lokpal.
25. Why this ‘freedom’ is false.
26. Bring Breach of Privilege motion against Shri Anna Hazare and Shri Arvind Kejriwal.
27. Drafting panel faces first legal hurdle.
28. Mahesh Bhatt, KN Panikkar & Shabnam Hashmi object to Hazare's 'attitude'.
29. Mayawati: why no Dalit on Lokpal panel?
more to come.