Its been a while, since I wrote anything here. And not sure if I have much to say right now!
We recently went on a trip to Kashmir and I made a series of interesting observations. Don't want to convert those observations into half-baked opinions.
I have posted a bunch of pictures here.
1. Kingfisher (blr to sgr via del), car from airport (Rs700) to Wangnoo houseboat (Rs1700 per night), Nigeen Lake, Lal bazaar, bus ride to Hasratbal Darga, Nishad bagh. Dinner at Hotel New Mamata.
2. Pahalgam (car Rs2000), shopping for Kesar (saffron) in Lathpura, pony ride to Besaran (Rs700), Avantipura ruins. Shikara ride on Nigeen Lake (Rs300 per hour).
3. Moved to Hotel Paradise near Nehru park (Rs1600 per night). Srinagar sightseeing, Badambagh, Hasratbal Darga, Shankaracharya temple, Pari mahal, Chasmashahi. Shopping for Kashmiri clothes in the Dal gate area and "wholesale market" (don't go here!). Try Punjabi Dhaba near Hotel Paradise.
4. Sonmarg (car Rs1800). Breakfast at Sind view Dhaba near Ganderbal, rain clothes (Rs250) pony (Rs1250) and sledge ride (Rs700) to Thajiwas Glacier, Kahwa (drink) and lunch at a dhaba near Kangan. Shikara ride on Dal lake (Rs200 for half hour).
5. Lal Chowk, shopping for fruits near Jhelum.
Houseboat: Arshad Wangnoo 97961 06666
Car: Zahoor Ahmed 99069 37923