Thursday, October 17, 2019

Fleabag

[Spoiler Alert]

Few weeks ago, during an office lunch, I mentioned about Krzysztof Kieslowski. I wondered how Dekalog compares to this era of Television shows. It was a pathetic attempt at small talk.

***

I heard of Fleabag, the day after it won the Emmy. I started watching it on Prime. It brought back memories of A Heart in Winter (Un cœur en hiver). The thrill of watching a master of a medium. I remember recommending it to friends 12 years ago and the effect it had on them.

The romantic, who makes the penultimate(?) sacrifice in life ... to let go of love, meekly surrendering to the societal moors.
 

However, Life's not fair. Some are not destined, to even savor the melancholy of what could have been. But to be dragged through life as a Martin, unloved and unwanted.

No comments: