Imagine sitting in a cubicle, writing crappy code and dreaming of a place. Jainism, Tulunad, jungle, mountains, camping, treks, animal acoustics, bats, leech bites! The weekend was well spent in the Kudremukha National Forest.
1. Bus to Karkala and thence to Kadari village.
2. Left Kadari in the afternoon. Checked out a falls on the way.
3. Reached Kudremukha village in the evening to buy provisions.
4. Camped at Bhagavati Nature Camp.
5. Sunday, hiked the Kuringal trail. 12 kms round trip with the peak at 1753 meters.
6. Gomateshwara temple in Karkala before heading home.