Friday, November 04, 2011

Takshashila Shala: Vote for my talk on Electoral Reforms

At the upcoming Takshashila Shala in Chennai, I would like to talk on "The State of the Debate: Electoral Reforms". This will be a brief survey of the issues in electoral reforms, history of the debate and the current legislative proposals. Here's my recommended reading list on the subject.

A "Core Committee" of the Law ministry along with the Election Commission is currently studying the various proposals on Electoral Reforms. A series of regional consultations were held early this year to solicit views on the same. I hope my talk will bring you up-to-date with the recent happenings, so that you can join this national debate and contribute effectively.

If you are going to be at the Shala on Sunday, do vote my talk up!

ps: The video below is from my talk on "Participatory Democracy - ward sabhas, social audits etc" at the previous Shala in Pune.


Video streaming by Ustream

No comments: